Thursday 18 May 2017

Neglection

Sorry! I have had a hectic two weeks after returning to school for the Summer semester.

I have tried to lower my class load for this semester after having to drop a class last semester after becoming very overwhelmed with my courses and feeling like I was drowning.

I have only one more course that I must take in order to finish the "bridging course" that would make  my previous Associates of Arts in Psychology into an Associates of Arts in Criminology. This class, which I have been absolutely dreading due to my many anxiety issues, was offered this semester but only as an accelerated course. Instead of having to deal with it for a full semester, I decided I would conquer this class in a shorter period and lessen my anxiety. Yes, it is more intense as we meet twice a week for three hours each day, but in only 7 weeks, instead of 15, I will finish the course! 

Because I had issues last semester, I had only planned on taking two classes - which is considered full time for someone with disabilities, but I couldn't pass up completing this course quickly. When this particular course is done, I will be down to only 2 classes. I'm glad I made this decision as the course load for one of my other classes is very low so I believe I will be able to manage.

The classes I am taking now are third or fourth year classes so they require more attention then I estimated. I was out of university for five years and I have so many more disability issues this time around that I couldn't manage as well as I did before.

In the Fall semester, I will only be in two classes. That will be manageable. I do have to retake the dropped course in the Winter 2018 semester. 

That is my pain right now. I have utilized my spare time well though. On Thursday's I have a six hour break between classes and I have dedicated that time to doing my homework for my Monday night class and catching up on reading. I force myself to stay on campus and have only that to focus on. 

So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sick From Your Environment

Does your environment make you sick?  One thing that I've had for as long as I can remember, is what I thought was allergies or sensi...