Friday 5 May 2017

Hypothyroidism - Baby Steps

For many years I suffered from unexplainable symptoms that I never looked into as I figured I was just getting older and that I was currently doing shift work that led me to be constantly tired. Everyone knows how much havoc shift work does on your system.

After complaining about being so tired for so long, in the early months of 2013, my psychiatrist tested my thyroid hormone levels and found that I had an hypoactive thyroid. Basically, the body lacks sufficient thyroid hormone and it is the thyroid glands job is to regulate the body's metabolism. After being prescribed Synthroid, I felt better. Not 100% or anything but at least a bit better.

This was the first time I had been diagnosed with anything that would directly affect my energy levels. It was one step tin the direction of knowing what was going on in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sick From Your Environment

Does your environment make you sick?  One thing that I've had for as long as I can remember, is what I thought was allergies or sensi...